Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
2021 Bassi pre-orders are open
It’s that time of year again! With the unprecedented boom in cycling popularity, lack of good steel frames, and production and shipping delays, we’ve found it a necessity to enable you to reserve your framesets ahead of time. This year, we’ll be receiving three models:
A fan favourite, and rightly so. Featured in bikepacking.com, this versatile Leatherman-like do-everything frame can be built in myriad ways to suit a ton of different riding styles. Whether you wanna tour, bikepack, ride fast on dirt roads, ride fast on paved roads, cruise around the city, deliver stuff by bike, or wheelie, the Hog’s Back has a little something for everyone. 2.2” tire clearance, eyelets everywhere, and good looks are just a few of the things that make this a great frame.
- Available this time around in Matte Black or Metallic Purple
- New features: ED coating on inside of frame tubes to slow the development and spread of rust, integrated seat collar that’s matchy-matchy with the fork crown, internal routing for front dynamo lighting, and eyelets on the top of the fork crown to accommodate a few extra front rack models.
- ETA: Late Summer
New kid on the block! Single speeds are important to us, because they represent where Bassi comes from, because they make so much sense for riders in Montreal and cities worldwide, and because they’re so fun to ride. The Bloomfield is the latest Bassi single speed that’ll cater to modern sensibilities.
- Available in an off-white soft lavender colourway
- Clearance for 650B x 47mm or 700C x 28mm tires and wheels, just change the brake type. Front randonneur-type rack eyelets, hidden fender eyelets, and two bottle cage mounts. Straight blade fork with a 1” threaded steerer. Horizontal track ends, 120mm rear spacing. ED coating on inside of frame tubes to slow the development and spread of rust.
- ETA: Mid Summer
Last but not least! Our step-through has made many smile, and we’re happy to keep offering it with some exciting updates. A city bike at heart, this bike also does great on dirt, and holds its own touring, too! We’re proud that the Rachel has helped many on some impressive trips: it has crossed Canada from one coast to the other, it’s meandered through Patagonia, and it’s been over the Dolomites on a high mountain route between Munich and Bologna.
- Available in Beaujolais Burgundy and Asphalt Grey
- New features: ED coating on inside of frame tubes to slow the development and spread of rust, V-brakes for extra stopping power and tire clearance, slightly longer chain stays and wheelbase for more stability and comfort, and an extra bottle cage under the downtube for liquid carrying capacity.
- ETA: Mid Summer
For each model, geometry charts and more details are available on their respective product pages. If you or a friend are interested in reserving one of these fantastic frames, you can do so through our webstore. While you’re waiting for your frame, give a build some thought - there’s plenty of sources for inspiration on our social media and website! We will reach out to all customers who have preordered in a few months to offer build options.
For any questions about these frames, geometry, sizing, compatibility, please email us at [email protected]