Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The Hog's Back will be back in stock at the end of Summer 2021 in all sizes. Colours will differ. Stay in touch for pre-order announcement.
The Hog's Back is our true all-road loaded touring frame, and we do mean all the roads. This bike has ridden all over, from Montréal's streets to Vermont's highways to Peru's dirt roads, as loaded-down with baggage as you please.
For the curious, if you want to bring your Hog's Back to visit its namesake mountain, it lives in Gaspésie National Park. You can hike up it, but you'd best ask the park rangers before you ride up it, too.
Available here fully-built. If you'd like just the frame, we'll be glad to install any headset, bottom bracket and sundry parts you'll need. Parts installation is always free with in-stock parts and Bassi frames.
If you have a build in mind different from ours, start a conversation, we'll be glad to help. We're pretty good at custom bikes.
On this second run of frames, we didn't change anything but the colours: same beloved pink, plus a really bright yellow and a sharp-looking sandy beige with sparklies. Hard to show off thoroughly in a picture but they're really eye-catching while staying classy. We also added a metal headbadge, because we love you.
- Columbus Cromor tubing (frame and fork)
- Geometry optimized for balanced front-rear load, or front-biased load.
- Ideally used with swept-back "alt-bars" rather than road drops. If using drops, you'll need a short stem and/or a frame one size smaller, this bike has a long front to it.
- 27.2mm steapost, 29.8 or 30.0mm seat clamp
- EC34 headset (1-1/8" standard)
- 28.6mm steerer
- Disc brake ISO mounts, 160mm rotor recommended
- Downtube mounts for shift levers or housing stops
- 135mm rear spacing, quick-release vertical dropout
- BSC threaded bottom bracket (1.37" x 24TPI)
- Higher BB than many touring bikes, so you don't do what Julian always does and break teeth off your chainrings hitting rocks.
- Includes cable guide for shift cables under the BB shell
- Kickstand plate (please don't overload the kickstand, we stand by Soma's recommendations for touring bikes and kickstands)
- Pretty darned rugged weight limits, as far as luggage on a properly installed rack goes. We tested with 26kg of weights in panniers, up and down steep hills, and handling didn't change much, so you're probably good. But be reasonable.
- So many eyelets, I haven't even counted them. Put racks, cages, fenders, whatever you want on this bike. Keep putting 'em on. No, more than that.
- Eyelets for a Bassi Strap, too. It's for helping you handle the bike when you've taken the luggage off. Don't try hauling it onto that train with the bike's weight and the luggage's weight all on the strap, please. You'll hurt the bike, the strap, and probably yourself.
- Metal headbadge. It doesn't change anything but boy is it pretty and really classes up the place.
|Seat tube (c-t)||470||510||540||580|
|Effective top tube||530||560||590||630|
|Head tube angle||70.5||71||72||72|
|Seat tube angle||73||73||73||73|
|Tire clearance||26x2.2" or 650Bx47||26x2.2" or 650Bx47||27.5x2.2" or 700Cx45||27.5x2.2" or 700Cx45|
Colours are not necessarily representative when viewed on a screen. Please be prepared to accept slight differences in hue from the colours you see here.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Hog's Back Frameset