Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The Hog's Back will be back in stock at the end of Summer 2021 in all sizes. Colours will differ. Stay in touch for pre-order announcement.
The Hog's Back is our true all-road loaded touring frame, and we do mean all the roads. This bike has ridden all over, from Montréal's streets to Vermont's highways to Peru's dirt roads, as loaded-down with baggage as you please.
It's made to keep you comfortable and relaxed while you enjoy your long days in the saddle. Smaller cycles use smaller wheels, so the proportions stay right for your body. Larger cycles use different steel in certain sections, to keep the bike feeling solid and keep you in control, no matter the load on your racks. The geometry is made for even front-rear loads, or slightly front-biased.
The Sporter is the road-touring model, but when we say road we include gravel and dirt, as well as paved roads and paths. Do what we do and ride it all over, push its limits, then come back and tell us all about it.
Please get one size smaller than you're used to riding, the drop bars make this bicycle quite long.
For the curious, if you want to bring your Hog's Back to visit its namesake mountain, it lives in Gaspésie National Park. You can hike up it, but you'd best ask the park rangers before you ride up it, too.
We are currently taking orders for built-to-order bicycles, but due to parts shortages you must expect a few months' delay before delivery.
- Please be prepared to accept part substitutions (we'll warn you when you're ordering). We're a small builder in a small market (Canada) and some parts are subject to availability.
- Columbus Cromor frame and fork, beefed-up in the large sizes for an extra-solid feel
- Salsa Cowchipper gravel-style drop handlebars, flared out in the drops, for wider stance when needed
- Cork handlebar tape
- SRAM Apex 1x11 wide-range transmission (1 chainrings, 11 cogs)
- Tubeless-ready touring wheels
- BB7 cable disc brakes, 160mm rotors
- Jagwire KEB compressionless housing for the best braking power and feel
- Continental Contact Plus tires, a good all-rounder with flat protection
- 650Bx47mm tires on 47cm and 51cm cycles, 700Cx42mm tires on 54cm and 58cm cycles
- Bassi comfort saddle
- Fender and rack mounts all over the place
- Three bottle mounts
- Bassi strap eyelets
|Seat tube (c-t)||470||510||540||580|
|Effective top tube||530||560||590||630|
|Head tube angle||70.5||71||72||72|
|Seat tube angle||73||73||73||73|
|Tire clearance||26x2.2" OR 650Bx47||26x2.2" OR 650Bx47||27.5x2.2" OR 700Cx45||27.5x2.2" OR 700Cx45|
Final product will differ from image
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Hog's Back Sporter Complete Cycle