Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Hog's Back and Montréal V3 Frame Arrival
Open pictures in a new tab to embiggen
Lots of news to share in this one, friends...
For starters, for those reading this over the winter break, thanks! We're closed for two weeks from the 23rd to the 4th, but still shipping out orders at a slower rate. We'll be reopening on the 5th of January and abiding by the Québec government's lockdown instructions, open with reduced capacity until the 10th, when the current lockdown order expires.
Now, on to news about our bikes!
Our popular Le Montréal is back in its third iteration with some tasteful updates.
Available in classic black as always and a gorgeous top-to-bottom blue-to-white fade.
Here are the changes brought to V3:
- Oversized tubes on all sizes for improved stability with a touring load (or your kid!)
- Third bottle cage mount under the downtube
- Increased clearance up to 45mm (1.75”) tires on all sizes - with fenders!
- Frame sizes across the range have been matched to three proportionally sized wheel standards.
- Small frames get small wheels, medium frames get medium wheels and large frames get large wheels. This improves handling, improves looks and, more importantly, reduces toe overlap:
- 46cm and 49cm use 26" wheels
- 52cm and 55cm use 650B (27.5") wheels
- 58cm and 61cm use 700C (28") wheels
- Diagonal dropouts are back, for single speed fans
The Randonneuse, our dear Simon’s brainchild, takes from classic touring (randonnée) bikes from the ‘80s with timeless components and bar-end shifters. This build which includes 2x9 Microshift and Shimano transmission and tan sidewall tires is available for $1650.
The Villager, with our own Backsweeps handlebar and more affordable components is an accessible offering built with everyday urban cyclists in mind. This super-tough configuration with a 2x8 Shimano transmission and robust Continental tires is definitely up to any challenge Montreal’s chaotic streets can throw at it, only for $1500.
Don’t know which one to choose, or want a custom build? Come see us or give us a shout!
We also just received a second batch of Hog’s Backs! It’s identical to the first batch but with two fresh new colours:
- Pink with pink lettering and black shading
- Sandy beige with beige lettering and purple shading
- Bright yellow with orange lettering and black shading
Astute observers might notice that the sandy beige is similar to Julian’s prototype Hog’s Back (now Jenny’s) and the yellow is similar to Jean-Michel’s prototype.
That said, two-thirds of the frames received have been sold already so hurry!
We still offer our Wiggler build with a Backsweeps handlebar, a 1x11 SRAM Apex transmission, and fat rubber 2.2” Continental Race King tires. A second, new complete, the Sporter, has been modified following popular request in 2020 for this frame built up with a road handlebar. Also equipped with an Apex transmission, this build uses slightly narrower 42/47mm tires and a wide Salsa Cowchipper handlebar.
With all these frames also came our new double cranks in a low-compact 46/34T configuration. Arm length is 170mm, available in black and silver for $250. Go take a look, they look gorgeous. Also restocked are brakes, bits and bobs for brakes, as well as Dia-Compe's classy parts for classy bikes: headsets, shifting, road brake levers, and more.
See you all on the roads and trails in 2021!
All the pretty pictures by our favourite fella, @jocchoo