Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Le Montréal, our most popular frameset, is also our most versatile. This build is similar to a classic randonneur bicycle. Randonneuring is, to put it simply, riding fast without racing anybody. It's riding to get somewhere quick, getting out of the city fast to reach the fun gravel roads and wild camping. This bike will do it.
We're building it with road-drop handlebars, which give a lot of hand positions and a more aerodynamic stance, bar-end indexed shifting for reliability that'll last years, and compact gearing to ride up and down every hill. It's easy to add fenders and a front rack for the real randonneur build.
Inspired by classic 1980s touring bikes, Le Montréal features eyelets for front and rear fenders and racks, three bottle cages, and our signature shoulder strap. The wheel size is proportional to the frame size, making the bicycle more comfortable and controllable for variously-sized riders.
Available in Classic Black & White or in Blue-White Fade.
We are currently taking orders for built-to-order bicycles, but due to parts shortages you must expect a few months' delay before delivery.
- Shimano and Microshift 2x9-speed transmission
- Bassi compact double crank (46-34t) for a wide range of comfortable gears
- Super-tough silver city/touring wheels
- 11-34t Shimano Cassette
- Panaracer Pasela puncture-resistant all-surface tires, with tan sidewalls for comfort and classic looks
- Tektro CR720 traditional cantilever brakes, great braking power and loads of room for fenders and racks
- Bassi Montreal city saddle
- Tange CDS headset
- Bassi stem
- Road drop handlebars
- Cork handlebar tape, with option for cotton
- Dia-Compe aero brake levers, black and silver
- Bassi frame strap
New features for the Montréal V3
- Oversized tubes on all sizes for better stability with a touring load (or your kid) on the rear of the bike
- Extra bottle cage mount under the downtube (that's three total)
- More rooms for wide tires, up to 45mm on all sizes (with fenders!)
- Reduced toe overlap by using three wheel sizes across the range, also making the bicycles more proportional to the rider for more pleasant handling
- 46cm and 49cm for small riders use 26" wheels
- 52cm and 55cm for average riders use 650B (27.5") wheels
- 58cm and 61cm (our largest frame yet!) use 700C (28") wheels
- A return to diagonal dropouts, for singlespeed fans
- The first Montréal with colours: in addition to the classic (and classy) black frame there will be a new design with a top-to-bottom blue-to-white fade.
- Tube Type: Oversized 4130 CrMo steel (double butted top and down tubes and triple butted seat tube)
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm wide, British Threaded
- Seat Tube inner diameter: 27.2mm
- M5 eyelets at mid-fork, on seat stays and drop-outs for rack and fenders
- Three bottle cage mounts
- Eyelets on seat tube and top tube for shoulder strap
- Cantilever brake bosses on fork and seat stays
- Chain hanger inside right seat stay
- Forged diagonal rear drop-out
Final product may differ from image
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Bassi Montreal V3 Randonneuse Complete Build