Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The Platypus, in few ways, is the most all-around useful, comfortable and democratic bike that Rivendell Bicycle Works has to offer. Over the next 30 years of your life, it is the bike that is most likely to carry you anywhere, anytime.
It's a country bike like the Sam Hillborne. But most people don't know what it is exactly so to kowtow to categorization here we go: Road tourer. All-Road. Gravel Grinder.
Everything that makes it a great touring bike also makes it a great commuter, camper, or all-rounder.
The Platypus like most Rivendell bicycles are/have:
- Tough steel frame
- Comfortable seating
- Rack Mounts in the right place
- Fender Mounts in the right place
- Room for big tires 2.2" (up to 48mm fendered)
- Wiggle room for those big tires
Three available sizes:
PBH's are lightly flexible because of the step-through
- PBH range 74cm to 81cm
- SADDLE HEIGHT 65cm to 70cm.
- PBH 82 to 87cm
- SADDLE HEIGHT 71cm to 76cm.
- PBH 87 to 96cm
- SADDLE HEIGHT 76cm to 95cm.
- Available in two colors : Mermaid and Olive-Lime (see photos)
- All sizes are made for V-brakes.
- The use of cantilever brakes is also possible by using cable hangers (not included).
- The chainstays are a hair longer on the 50 and 55cm.
- ** Each frame includes a FSA Duron X headset, a Shimano BB-UN300 square taper bottom bracket, and a Kalloy seat post (26.8) ** Contact us if you have special requests for parts other than those included or a complete build.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Platypus - Step-Through Countrybike Frame