Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
The Hog's Back is our true all-road loaded touring frame, and we do mean all the roads. This bike has ridden all over, from Montréal's streets to Vermont's highways to Peru's dirt roads, as loaded-down with baggage as you please.
It's made to keep you comfortable and relaxed while you enjoy your long days in the saddle. Smaller cycles use smaller wheels, so the proportions stay right for your body. Larger cycles use different steel in certain sections, to keep the bike feeling solid and keep you in control, no matter the load on your racks. The geometry is made for even front-rear loads, or slightly front-biased.
The Tourer is the updated and more capable road-touring model, but when we say road we include gravel and dirt, as well as paved roads and paths. Do what we do and ride it all over, push its limits, then come back and tell us all about it.
Please consider geting one size smaller than you're used to riding, the drop bars make this bicycle quite long.
For the curious, if you want to bring your Hog's Back to visit its namesake mountain, it lives in Gaspésie National Park. You can hike up it, but you'd best ask the park rangers before you ride up it, too.
- Please be prepared to accept part substitutions (we'll warn you when you're ordering). We're a small builder in a small market (Canada) and some parts are subject to availability.
- Columbus Cromor frame and fork, beefed-up in the large sizes for an extra-solid feel
- Salsa Cowchipper gravel-style drop handlebars, flared out in the drops, for wider stance when needed
- 50mm Bassi stem
- Cork handlebar tape
- Bassi 2x9 transmission:
- Microshift 2x9 bar-end shifters, friction left and indexed right
- Microshift R10 medium-cage rear derailer
- Microshift R9 road-double front derailer
- Microshift 11-36t nickel-plated cassette
- Bassi Classic Compact double crank, 46-34 tooth
- Solid disc-brake touring wheels
- BB7 cable disc brakes, 160mm rotors
- TRP RRL ergonomic road brake levers
- Jagwire KEB compressionless housing for the best braking power and feel
- Continental Terra Trail ProTection tires, tan sidewall, with flat protection and short center knobs and higher side knobs for good grip on mixed surfaces and smooth rolling on pavement
- 650Bx40mm tires on 47cm and 51cm cycles, 700Cx40mm tires on 54cm and 58cm cycles
- Fender and rack mounts all over the place
- Three bottle mounts
- Bassi strap included, but let us know if you don't prefer leather, we get it!
|Seat tube (c-t)||470||510||540||580|
|Effective top tube||530||560||590||630|
|Head tube angle||70.5||71||72||72|
|Seat tube angle||73||73||73||73|
|Tire clearance||26x2.2" OR 650Bx47||26x2.2" OR 650Bx47||27.5x2.2" OR 700Cx45||27.5x2.2" OR 700Cx45|
Final product may differ from image
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Complete Bassi Hog's Back Tourer