Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
How does one get an absolutely screaming deal on the hottest all-road touring frame around? That's right, wait for the C&L Blemished Frames Sale! These frames are ship-shape and scrumptious, but have some scratches, clear-coat blemishes, or small paint dings here and there. The ED coating is all over the frame, not just the inside, so you won't have any premature rust spots, and we still guarantee the metal is in perfect shape, so if you recognize that "eh, it's a touring bike, the paint's going to get some personality anyway", dig in!
Here's the deal: you're getting random blemishes. We won't provide pictures or descriptions ahead of time. You accept that whatever we send you is the one you'll ride. Our usual frame warranty still applies to the frameset mechanically and structurally.
What's a Hog's Back? Glad you asked:
The Hog's Back is our true all-road loaded touring frame, and we do mean all the roads. This bike has ridden all over, from Montréal's streets to Vermont's highways to Peru's dirt roads, as loaded-down with baggage as you please.
For the curious, if you want to bring your Hog's Back to visit its namesake mountain, it lives in Gaspésie National Park. You can hike up it, but you'd best ask the park rangers before you ride up it, too.
The hot deets:
- Columbus Cromor tubing (frame and fork)
- Geometry optimized for balanced front-rear load, or front-biased load.
- Ideally used with swept-back "alt-bars" rather than road drops. If using drops, you'll need a short stem and/or a frame one size smaller, this bike has a long front to it.
- 27.2mm seatpost, cast seat collar - bolt and nut included
- EC34 headset (1-1/8" standard) - not included
- 28.6mm theadless steerer
- Disc brake ISO mounts, 160mm rotor recommended
- Downtube mounts for shift levers or housing stops - not included
- 135mm rear spacing, quick-release vertical dropout
- BSC threaded bottom bracket (1.37" x 24TPI), 68mm shell width
- Higher BB than many touring bikes, so you don't do what Julian always does and break teeth off your chainrings hitting rocks.
- Includes cable guide for shift cables under the BB shell
- Kickstand plate (please don't overload the kickstand, we stand by Soma's recommendations for touring bikes and kickstands)
- Pretty darned rugged weight limits, as far as luggage on a properly installed rack goes. We tested with 26kg of weights in panniers, up and down steep hills, and handling didn't change much, so you're probably good. But be reasonable.
- So many eyelets, I haven't even counted them. Put racks, cages, fenders, whatever you want on this bike. Keep putting 'em on. No, more than that.
- Eyelets for a Bassi Strap, too. It's for helping you handle the bike when you've taken the luggage off. Don't try hauling it onto that train with the bike's weight and the luggage's weight all on the strap, please. You'll hurt the bike, the strap, and probably yourself.
- Metal headbadge. It doesn't change anything but boy is it pretty and really classes up the place.
|Seat tube (c-t)||470||510||540||580|
|Effective top tube||530||560||590||630|
|Head tube angle||70.5||71||72||72|
|Seat tube angle||73||73||73||73|
|Tire clearance||26x2.2" or 650Bx47||26x2.2" or 650Bx47||27.5x2.2" or 700Cx45||27.5x2.2" or 700Cx45|
|Minimum PBH (cm)||76||80||83||87|
Colours are not necessarily representative when viewed on a screen. Please be prepared to accept slight differences in hue from the colours you see here.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Bassi Hog's Back Frame - Scratch and Blemish Sale